On 6th February 2010, MPPUTP and ISC were invited to have a dinner with Puan Juniwati Rahmat, Vice President Of Education, Petronas at Room 4, Undercroft. We are honoured to spend our time with such a great leader. She worked with PETRONAS for 25 years. She was the one who initiate (think-tankers) for the several Petrochemical plant in Malaysia such as in Kerteh, Terengganu.
During the session, we have discussed about numerous issues relted to students’s welfare. For example :
1) Sponsorship issue regarding January 2010 intake.
2) Exchange student to foreign country.
3) Increment the allowance for PETRONAS scholars.
4) Status of marriage policy in PETRONAS.
5) Employment of PETRONAS scholars.
6) How to assist CM and UP students.
At the end of the session, we have gained fruitful information and clear picture about this issues. Besides, Pn. Juniwati shared her experiences and knowledge from the leaders’ point of view. “To be a leader is not easy. In some level, you need to take a decision which will not satisfy everyone, but you need to do so for the betterment of the whole”, she said.
Last but not least, Puan Juniwati shared a story about a pencil. It was very meaningful and useful for us to continue our journey as human being.
1) A pencil can’t write by itself. It needs to be guided by somebody. Same goes to us, we need to be led and inspired.
2) A pencil needs to be sharpened from time to time as to ensure optimum efficiency. As human, we have to polish our skills and keep improving. We will feel pain in our way to improve just like the sharpening process causes pain to the pencil.
3) A pencil has an eraser at the top end. We have chances in life. We can erase mistakes and correct them.
4) The outer part of the pencil is hard while the inner part is very soft(carbon lead). Everything starts from the heart. The intention must be right.
5) Pencil leaves marks. Every step taken will have its own effect. Think wisely before making decision, it may result in a positive or negative impact.